1940 Lincoln Zepyhr

1940craig

I have a 1940 Lincoln Zephyr. I need information. How do you tell the difference from a sedan and a continential? The original owner was James Sears who apparently founded the pacific traders Inc., this sompany established the method to transport supplies from Washinton State to Alaska. He engraved his name in the front ash tray, with the zip code and AK for alaska. I found another paper in the car that stated it was once in a museum in alaska. The car is something. I have made my way around the engine even new plugs. I have not quite figured out the distributor with the dual coils and black box below. What is all that about? The interior was a velvet, still had a working radio, no speaker, most of the knobs were deteriorated but found wood knobs at lowes and matvhed the paint. The windshield wiper knob is broken so I need to find one, and I am not sure the motor works, all lights work but the brake and interior dome. I checked the wires and they are solid, I think it may be the switch at the master cylinder. The trunk has the spare but I suspect there might have been a cover over it? how do I add an attachment because I have pictures

post-45607-143137891766_thumb.jpg

welcome, u have a 40 lincoln zephyr sedan.."continental " was a body style in the lz line in 40...41 it became a seperate model. i have a 40 also, mine is conv coupe , not zephyr continental conv coupe...

very awesome machine.u need to drive or go to kalamazoo for lincoln meet in june..bring couple grand..u will find parts..there is a man named john moglia..look on lzoc website..he make interior plastics...very slow...call him now....forget about it for a while..but worth wait..

jeff booth

lzoc1232

oHIo