Whats this thing worth?? 47 Sedan Now for sale

FordJunkie

I have a 47 Lincoln 4dr Sedan,in pretty nice shape,but not runnin right now.I got the car in a trade and was plannin on using the V12 in something else,but its looking like this car maybee a little more valuable than I originally thought.The car is quite complete and in nice shape,no rust at all.The motor was rebuilt 5 years ago,but never got run after that(They never tried,instal is not quite done,just some little stuff left).The interior is complete,but the seats and door panels should be redone.

I would appreciate it if any one could give me a rough and dirty idea of what a car like this should sell for,not a pie in the sky dream number,but a realistic value.

Thanks

Rod

OK people,I'm going to be moving soon,so I will try to sell the car to avoid moving it to.If anyone needs more pics,there here http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rodsfords/detail?.dir=4436&.dnm=bb13scd.jpg&.src=ph .I'm askin well below what I think the car is worth(and below what people here suggested its value may be)$5000 email me at rodsfords@yahoo.ca or call me at (604)819-4973.thanks Rod

There are a couple of "restored" 1947 Lincoln Sedans on ebay right now. Item numbers 4612261466 and 4612502100. Item number 4612502100 just closed without meeting the reserve so technically, it's still for sale.

Bear in mind that a non-running car, no matter how nice, is worth a lot less than a running car. Ebay has been a tough place to sell a Lincoln. Either the sellers have an inflated idea of the value when they set a reserve or a "buy it now" price, or the ebay audience just doesn't appreciate the value of these cars. I haven't decided which! In any event, Lincolns seldom seem to meet their reserve on ebay.

If you could post a photo of the car, it would be a big help in establishing a value.

Good luck with it!

Thanks for the number Dizzy,The only thing resembling rust is a spot about the size of my little finger nail on the drivers side floor,other than that she's solid.Lookin through my stuff though I do believe I'm missin 3 pieces of trim,the two down low behind the fender skirts,and the short piece between the hood and door on the left side.Anybody have a line on this stuff?

post-44983-14313788684_thumb.jpg

If this was my car and I was trying to get the best price for it, I would get out my buffer, freshen up the paint a bit and if possible, try to get it running. Then I would contact the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club website at lzoc.org and place a FREE ad with pictures, including the engine compartment, trunk, dashboard, and interior. The LZOC site also has a "parts for sale" section including listings for several Lincoln parts vendors.

This looks like a pretty nice car although as Dale saya, it has too many doors to bring the BIG bucks. It still would be a shame to waste it after surviving all these years!

Good luck with it.

• 4 weeks later...