Need Help!

Guest rjones

I am trying to help (2) elderly gentlemen sell their cars. there are about 200 of them. Half were driven to where they are parked and are nearly 100 percent complete, the other half are from a wrecking yard and have solid bodies but no glass. These cars are from late 30,s to early 60,s. I am trying to convince them to have an auction, but not having any luck or to sell all for one price. Where would I look for auction companies, or what other advice could I get.

The cars are in NW Arkansas. I'm not sure how they will sell. Right now it has been one at a time to individuals. They know their cars are worth more than scrap value but being older and not keeping up with cars they don't have any idea of what they are worth now. I have searched ads and given them some ideas. They are both convinced that an auction would not be worth the effort. (Their opinion.) If they sell them outright the feel that nobody in their right mind would give them anything worthwhile and still have to haul them off. I feel that if thjere were some offers that they both would reconsider. As far as auction companies are there auction companies that deal with non-running cars that would have a large audience. I know the big name guys that handle pristine cars but didn't know of any for these.

I had seen two large auctions over the summer. One was in Mo. and I think the other was in S.D. Both were guys that collected massive amounts of cars. The one in MO. had like 600 cars auctioned off and most went for something like $300 each. Most were non-runners. I will look and see if I can find the auction house name.

Can these people be reached to find out what they may have for sale?

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rjones

Sorry it took so long to get back. Have been rather busy. I can get you a list of what is available, but it will be a little bit. Thanks to these posting the owners are discussing an auction. As soon as we know more I will let you know.