One More Question...Installing Motor Mounts

its a V-12

I was quoted a price of $600 labor only ($60 X 10 hrs)to install motor mounts in my 48 LC. The mechanic states that the splash pans, radiator, fan etc. must be removed in order for the engine to be raised to get to the mounts. Does 10 hours labor seem reasonable? I'm really tired of getting "ripped off" by these so called restoration shops and would appreciate your input

I just went out and checked mine to make sure and it shouldnt take more than 2 hours at the most for them to do it.You have plenty of room to raise the engine without the fan hitting the radiator and all the nuts on the bottom are acessible without removing the splash pans. sounds like this guy is trying to rip you off. If you lived in the Sacramento area I would do it for you.

Thank you, v12 Lincoln. I appreciate your response. You have confirmed my suspicions. It burns me up that you show them a nice restored car that needs some work and all they see are the $$$ signs. Thanks for your offer, believe me, as I watch the snow fall, I also wish I was in the Sacramento area. Have a great day!