1954-72R in Norway

tompett

78605472_front-med.jpg

Here is a few pictures of my Roadmaster, which I bought back in 1978. Supposed to be a driver, while working on the 1957-53. It was imported to Norway by the Canadian Embassy in Oslo. After a repaint and an engine from a 53 super, we used the Buick for ten years here in Scandinavia. 1957 turned out to be a long time project, so I had to freshen up the Roadmaster a bit. In the 90's it was almost completely restored, but still use the interior we first made. Even had to change the roof, which I got from a parts car. I think the 54 is a nice car!

Picture 1 1954 72R

Picture 2 Engine

Picture 3 Buick Meeting

Guest imported_MrEarl

Beautiful car!!! I think the 72R's look very good in black. sounds like you've put a lot of work over a lot of years into it. Thanks for sharing! Hope to see and hear more.

• 2 months later...
Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Tompett:

I notice you are in good company over there in Norway with your big black Buick. I was fortunate enough to correspond with your king about 20 years ago about the 1939 Roadmaster convertible sedan that the royal family owns. It's license plate was "A1". There was another 1939 Roadmaster up in Trondheim owned by a BCA member named Leif Lambine, which is how I got the lead to the king's car.

Regards, Dave Corbin