picture of my 41 lz nearing completion.

okdave

David,

The 41 looks incredible, nice job! Speaking of jobs, if you can do that in a matter of months, you must be retired! I've had my 37 Coupe for nearly 5 years and haven't managed to even complete disassembly in those 5 years!

My original goal was to get it done in 10 years, and I'm already halfway there with nothing accomplished. I guess I need to win the lottery so I can take a year off work!

Once again, congratulations on a job well done!

Jim N.

no i'm not retired--but my wife is real tired of me spending every waking hour on this car. it was partially restored when i got it so it wasnt a basket case or a rust bucket. it was missing lots of parts and suffering from 20+years of neglect. i last ran in 1975. it was kept inside so no rust or glass deterioration. engine runs good. brakes were completely rusted and locked. i have had lots of questions answered searching this site___ keep up the good posts, hints and how to answers. dd attached are more photos

post-42668-143137885231_thumb.jpg

Now this is a car done the way a car should be done. I love the period luggage in the truck. I have also added vintage road maps for my cars' glove boxes and folks seem to love it. I hope someday that my old 37 sedan looks this good. A wonderful living history lesson that will bring smiles to so many who see it rolling down the road. Just wonderful!

Oh David, I too appreciate your excellent work on this car, but please just enjoy it and forget authentic car shows where it will be judged, many of the things you have done are improvements, but they will be counted down as non-original, but congratulations on a great job, Rolf

the upholstery was done by a retired upholsterer in enid oklahoma. after several years of wrestling jack daniels he died a couple of years ago. he did a terrific job. my current upholsterer who is about 40 years old couldnt believe the detail of the work. thanks for comments. heres another photo of interior. john murphy has found me a 41 steering wheel which i plan to have rebuilt. i am waiting on plastic from john moglia.

post-42668-143137885258_thumb.jpg

the dash paint and window frame paint was a lacquer mixed by my painter. he matched the paint that was on the dash. all the authenticity manuals show these items to be woodgrained but i could find no evidence of any woodgrain ever on these parts. i just posted another photo that shows the dash better. the color really complements the interior. daVID

post-42668-143137885266_thumb.jpg

Just love the job the man did on the seats. I had a local person do the seats on my 37, and for what I paid, they are fine. My Zephyr is just a driver and the seats look like 37s should look, with herringbone pattern rather than a pinstripe. The 41s are fancier with a more regal appearance. I am looking right now for someone to do the interior in a 36 Cord 810 Westchester I just bought. It will be a much easier job than the 41 because their are no difficult stitches to deplicate. Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics, I want to see the car in person some day.

i have a friend in enid oklahoma who has a 37 cord. you may know him. he goes to auburn every year. his name is george waken. i bought the lincoln from him he is restoring his cord again and he is using the cord upholstery guhru who is in wichita kansas. if you want more information i will try to get it. i have seen this guys work in two early thirties packards that george owns and it is phenomenal. david