MCR -- 39 Zephyr Restoration / Customization

mcrusa

Writing this to let everyone here know about this 39 Lincoln Zephyr we are working on.

Just chopped her down 4 inches last week. Lots of photographs:

http://gallery.musclecarrestorations.com/gallery2/v/Other/Lincoln-Zephyr-39-000/Chop/

Find the full gallery for the project at this URL: http://gallery.musclecarrestorations.com/gallery2/v/Other/Lincoln-Zephyr-39-000/

We upload all the new photographs we have for our projects every Friday.

post-44691-143137884933_thumb.jpg

Dear John,You and your crew do very nice work.IMHO you should stick to Mopars,WHY couldn't YOU or your CUSTOMER do the glass 39 like everybody else?NO you gotta saw up a reasonably solid steel car just to be able to say yeah its steel.As i am sure you know there are not many ORIGINAL 39 three window coupes left,somebody with a big ego and deep pockets just HAD to have a steel car.Speaking for MYSELF it is my belief your post will not be welcomed here i know i was saddened by it.diz frown.giffrown.gif

I hate to see any rare piece of art cut up and changed. This is an example of that. In my view this is crime against history. It needs to preserved as it rare. It now cannot go back to the way it was. I have admired a lot of rods, but as they are custom art, why not build the body from scratch rather than killed off one of the few LZ survivors?

AMEN from me too, BUT WHY?? Only a midget could drive this travesty, and then he might have to lower the floor boards too. Let me guess, it is going to accomodate a crate 350 as well, right?? Looks like nice workmanship, but you will probally not get much applause around this site, you could have done a brand X like this guy in the attachment did, and got just as many ooh's and ah's, Rolf

post-41468-143137885182_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_V12Bill

Ever since Barret Jackson sold the 38 or 39 hammered down 3 window for $400,000 everybody and his brother wants to get out the torch and make one just like it. What is it about street rodders that they want to reinvent the wheel? The workmanship appears to be excellent, but I,m sure the person who had done the yellow and red paint job on this car thought he had improved the wheel also and look where mad.gifthat led this car. mad.gif

Bill