Newcomer Questions

naviscott

Inlaws have left us with a 1918 Buick and 1950 Buick, both restored and running. I would like to take the 50 to a higher level of authenticity and perfection. For example, my car friend says with radial tires I would enjoy a nicer ride, but I know that ply white walled tires are more authentic and there would be no point deduction if I enter a show. Plus much more that can be done. . . the paint is nice and authentic, but it could look nicer. Anyway, I'm looking for feedback. I hope to post some photos in the future. Thanks for anyone's reply.

Scott

Guest imported_Thriller

Welcome aboard. If you are concerned about authenticity and judged meets, you may want to join the BCA and get yourself a copy of the judging manual. I'm afraid I can't offer much advice, but that you will need to decide how you want to use the cars. While the paint isn't perfect on the '50 may be an ideal time to just enjoy it for a year or two going to non-judged shows to enjoy the car (you won't feel so bad about stone chips or accidental scratches if it isn't perfect) before deciding to take it to that higher level.

Good luck and enjoy. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos...I love those massive bumpers on the '50s.

Scott,

Were your in-laws involved with the BCA? The local chapter contacts should be able to give you some hints about what to do with both cars regarding improvements. I think it all depends on what you want to do with the cars and how much money you wish to spend. Good luck and keep us informed on what you do.

John

• 3 weeks later...