NOS Carb ID tag

gdcont

Hey friends, I recently purchased a NOS carb for my '48 Lincoln Continental. I hope this is the answer to my fuel starvation problem from this summer. Any way the reason for my post is: the carb came with an ID tag it. Now I seen these on the many carbs from the 60s and 70s, but how unusual are they for a 48 carb? The tag is the typical triangle shape with rounded corners.On the tag is "Part No." second line is stamped "26H 9510C" third line "Holley" fourth line " List-202-S. Just wondering if anyone else has seen or has one with the tag. Thanks George.

Hi Peecher, the left side has "06H" stamped below the word "Model". This is the same as the carb that is on my '48. The right side is embossed with "Holley" first line, second line says AA1. Third line "carburetor co. Fourth line Detroit,USA. Below that is "PATENTS" and last line is patent#. My question is about the tag, the carb on my car has no tag. Is that normal or is it just missing from when some "flatrater" (inside mechanic joke) rebuilt it? I would like to hear from some other V12 owners. Thanks George.

• 3 weeks later...

Holley put tags on the carburetors. However, the first time the carb was replaced with a commercial rebuild, the rebuilder would remove the tag. The commercial rebuilders "grouped" carburetors of different applications, and did not want the original application known to the purchaser.

Very unusual to find a tag on any Ford product carburetor in the 1940's, as many were unnecessarily rebuilt because of undiagnosed ignition woes.

Jon.