1940-8 Lincoln & Continental Convertible Tops

imported_Phil Knapp

Has anybody had any experience with "Klasskollection"?

They are advertising 1940-8 Lincoln & Continental Convertible Tops on ebay. item # 4608055122. They also have upholstery kits and trunk liner kits for sale.

I just sent them the following questions:

What is the material used in your tops?

Correct Lincoln Zephyr and Continental tops have the following configuration:

1. No seam across the rear bow.

2. No visible snaps over the side windows.

Also, the rear window should be positioned midway between the upper bow and the body, NOT centered in the flap!

The attachment is Jerry Emery's 1939 Zephyr Convertible - NOT mine!

(My '39 Zephyr has the rear window centered in the flap and all I see in the rear view mirror is the pavement directly behind the car!)

I'll post whatever response I get.

In the meantime, please post any experiences y'all have had with these folks.

smile.gif

post-32768-143137884698_thumb.jpg

I ordered a top from them for my 48 conv coupe and they sent me one for a continental, sent it back with a picture of the car and got the same thing back again so I had one custom made for my car. the material is cheap compared to what I got and I can leave my top down all summer put it up and have no wrinkles. I know because I did it this summer, just put the top up in november.

Good thing is it only cost me 3500 to have the top carpet and a boot made for the car.

Response from "Klasskollection"

==========================================================================

The top is stayfast. I will revise the item. The top is to the specs of the Lincoln Authenticity book. No seam at rear bow. We do not furnish the window. When I do install a window at the customer?s request, it is 5-1/2? from the top of the window curtain. We do not punch holes for the snaps. We provide 6 snaps with the kit. We have been a long time advertiser, off & on in the Lincoln Zephyr Club & I am in the directory. Thanks for looking, John

==========================================================================

The attachment is Jerry Emery's 1939 Zephyr Convertible - NOT mine!

post-32768-143137884702_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_V12Bill

Phil, For what it is worth, When I had my 48 Continental done I requested "cotten stayfast" as that is what is stated in the authenticity manuel and is indeed very original in appearance. That originality is complete done to the fact that the top fades to almost white and shows wear at some points in just a few years. When I had my 48 convertible done I specified "acrylic " stayfast. The color does not seem to fade and it is wearing very well and I am satisfied with the end product.

Bill

Phil, sorry I can't help you with the top supplier you are asking about, but since the subject is 1940-8 Lincolns, I just completed my 47 Zephyr Convertible (see attachment)and did not use any of the original window or top cylinders if any one needs them. I also have the door window mechanisms and the front vent glass regulators and handles complete. Also have complete rechromed front bumber assembly. I have a few other items but I need to get a more complete inventory to post.

post-40587-143137884705_thumb.jpg