Hey Barney!

Guest Ranger

Somebody from the Riv Ownners is trying to reach you by email and getting their emails returned.. could you please give me your email address again?

Thanks,

Jim

I guess I don't understand, why would you have an email address that has to be modified to get email to you, did I get that right? The guy was trying to reach you to buy a car cover, don't know if he gave up.

Good Luck

Guest inthespot

Mark me down as stupid too, I tried to email you earlier concerning something ( don't know what now) but I could not get it to go through and did not know why. I thought that was your address and something was wrong with my system. Little did I know you were incognito, put me in an Edsel and take me around the block in reverse.

Here is my understanding.

When you register for the Reatta discussion, you put in your information. Many people do not list their email (which makes it even harder to contact them) while others do.

If you list your email address, the administrator adds a program that adds "remove first" ... this is a way of keeping automated email address retreivers from getting your email and bombarding you with junk mail.

So, when you click on my name, "remove first" is shown as part of the email address and you simply erase that part or retype my email address without the "remove first" part.

While it does take a little extra effort, it reduces the junk mail.

PS... I have nothing to do with this, I hardly know how to turn on my machine.