"New" Lincoln Owner

Guest boblove

Guest boblove

OK, I've owned a 47 Ford Tudor, 29 Tudor (still have a 56 Victoria) and now am expecting delivery of a '46 Lincoln Club Coupe V12. I'm really looking forward to it but as a new owner, I'm a little confused. The seller says it is a Zepher(sp?). Research on the www tells me the Zephyr tag was dicontinued after '42 and that this is just a Lincoln as opposed to the "Continental". What is the scoop? and where can I go to get more history on the marque? Don't say LCOC, they seem to concentrate on late models and LZOC seems pre-war. The more I think about it, this may be a unique experience! Help me out here.

post-31354-143137883793_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_V12Bill

Bob, You're in the right place. Lincoln did not build a Zephyr after 1942, and the name Zephyr does not appear anywhere on the Lincoln after 1942 (except for the condensors). If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck what else can you call it except a Zephyr?

Bill

Guest boblove

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the road. I understand these make good cruisers especially with that V-12 and overdrive.