1976 Riviera

Guest 63riviera

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 63riviera

Thanks, all, especially 75RivGS. I'll bet those are rare in the Netherlands.

What I'd like to do now might insult the previous owner, who kept it bone stock. I'd like to add a bit of performance to the anemic 455 V-8. Not a full-on TA Stage II, but sometweaks to bump up the horsepower (a new cam, intake, rebuilt carb (it's so lean now from a recent rebuild, I need a decent rebuilder) recurved distributer, higher energy ignition--my '63 Riv has a jacobs electronics electronic ignition spark box/coil with MSD's new nailhead ready-to-run HEI distributor--etc.)

I just finished to restore my '75 Riviera GS (all original except for a LPG- convertion). Very hard to get parts.... it's easier to deal with a 63-66 Riviera in resto than the 74-76 model years (just check eBay for it...) It took me over 4 years to find a descent pair bumper fillers...

few months back:

DSC03471.jpg

They are rare here in The Netherlands...I only know of 2 74's (one is rebuilt to a convertible confused.gif, 3 75's (of which 2 are in my possession)and 3 76's. Compared to the 80+ Boattails in this this small country you really can say they're rare here

I'm aware of the 75-76 455 "performance" frown.gif (205HP), but I keep it stock under the hood

Got a 73 Riviera with a "tickled" engine cool.gif

Maybe a better idea to find a '70 455 engine??

• 1 month later...
Guest gecco

I had a 76 Riviera some years back, among other Buicks, and it would still probably be in my garage if a tow truck hadn't ran through an intersection in the right turn lane and shortened it's life while I was making a left turn. Mine was black with a white top and white leather interior. It was a great highway car! But I also remember that anemic power curve.

You may be better off just opting for another engine than going to all that trouble - that way you're keeping the original block intact should you change your mind someday or go to sell the car.

• 3 months later...