'56 Century under-the-hood pics please

kevinhillman

Guest imported_MrEarl

Kevin,

YEAAAAAAAAAAA, another mid-fifties guy on board. WELCOME aboard!!!! Hope to see some shots and hear about your fiddy-six. You are in the Me and My Buick forum here which is the right place to show your Buick but you may want to ask for detaled engine photos related to restoration in the "Collectible Tech and Reatoration Forum. In fact I'll go there now and post some of a parts car I just sold that was pretty much original.

Guest imported_MrEarl

No problem. Like to say thanks for your filling out your profile. Very few new folks do. Must be that Air Force discipline. wink.gif are you active? If so where stationed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Thriller

It isn't very good, but this is the only shot of the '56 engine compartment I have uploaded...

56special_engine.jpg

It's dirty, not all that detailed, and the engine doesn't keep running...sigh.

I'm pretty sure that I reduced the size of that photo for web viewing - if you want a copy of the original, let me know your e-mail address and I can send it to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one we can all aspire to (drool...)

This is the underhood shot from a 1956 Buick Roadmaster 76C convertible that sold last year for about $61k. Beautiful example of a car, and one heck of a nice restoration. The rest of the car looks just as good as that engine does. I wish I knew who purchased it, as I would love to see more photos and details.

Budd

post-31677-143137883161_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi. Budd. Nice pictures. I have a question for you. Hope you can help. I have a 55 Roadmaster Convertible, off frame completed, beautiful car. My problem is I can't keep a set of points in without them burning up in short mileage. I noticed on your 56 engine that you have 2 ballisters going to the distributor or coil. Could you explain why your car has two and mine only has one. I'm thinking this may be my problem. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Buke

Guest drdbinfl

Hi Kevin,

I just bought a 56 Century and have a few engine pics. They are too large for this forum so I will send them to your listed email in the profile ..

Look for a Gmail email with a health related name .. darrell