Delco-Remy Horn I.D. Help

69supercj

I've got a pair of Delco-Remy horns that I have no idea as to what they fit. They are 12V and have the following codes stamped on them. All of these codes are stamped on the bell end of the horn except for <span style="font-weight: bold">S2</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">N1</span> which is stamped near the male spade connector. Here are the codes: <span style="font-weight: bold">9000</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">12V</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">295</span> along with what is either a <span style="font-weight: bold">G</span> or an <span style="font-weight: bold">O</span> followed by <span style="font-weight: bold">A4</span> . The other horn is stamped <span style="font-weight: bold">9000</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">12V</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">293</span> and either a <span style="font-weight: bold">G</span> or an <span style="font-weight: bold">O</span> followed by <span style="font-weight: bold">D5</span> . Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! smile.gif

• 17 years later...

I am looking at Delco Remy model 681 low tone. I believe but want to confirm that this is 6 volt before I purchase.

I am also looking at Delco Remy 646 High tone and 645 Low tone but have no information if they are 6 volt or 12 volt.

Is there a reference schedule anywhere that specs the voltage for '50s Delco Remy Horns?

• 2 weeks later...

1999681 is 6 volt.

1999645 & 1999646 are both 6 volt.

Add "1999" to the 3 digit number stamped on earlier horns.

For later horns add "9000" to the numbers and check the Delco Remy site to check supersessions and voltage. 

horns.jpg