1946 heater unit

ricks46lc

I am restoring a 46 LC cabriolet and wanted to know if a 1942 under dash heater unit is the same, as I have located one.Also I need a drivers side upper door hinge 42to48,also the shift rod that goes from the gear shift handle down the side of the steering column to the shift linkage 42to48,as it is longer than a Lincoln Zephyr shift rod that I have.Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Also would like to get the banner which introduces the new Lincoln MarkLT truck(towing the 1941 Lincoln Zephyr coupe on a trailer) Thanks Rick. copperrr@hotmail.com

Sorry, I can't help you on the heater question. I have a very early 1947 Continental Coupe which was originally shipped to Puerto Rico and has no heaters at all.

The hinge and shift rod might be available from Merv Adkins. Merv is in Rancho Cucamonga, California and has a lot of Zephyr and Continental parts. He's listed in the vendor section of the LZOC directory and also in the "sources" section of the LZOC web site. You can always splice a chunk of tubing into the shift rod in an inconspicuous location if you have to.

As to the Lincoln Mark LT truck banner. I was able to BEG the one that the Austin Lincoln Dealer had when they were finished with it. They usually throw these promotional materials away and it might be too to get one from your friendly Lincoln dealer now, but it's worth a try. That's Jake Fleming's '41 Zephyr on the trailer crossing the Loop 360 bridge in Austin, Texas. I'll attach a photo of the banner.

Good Luck!

post-32768-143137883058_thumb.jpg

Dear Phil-Thanks for your info. The reason I am wanting the banner is that this 46LC was owned by Jake Fleming from about 1948 to 1952. Perhaps you saw his article in The Way of the Zephyr over 24 years ago on his search for his car.Anyway the banner would add to the cars history.It was one of 7 built painted wing grey.If anyone could help me get this banner it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rick. P.S. Jake is happy about the restoration. copperrr@hotmail.com