Automotive Literature for sale, all makes 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s

I have recently acquired an extensive list of automotive literature which is for sale. I am a Pontiac Hobbyist so all items will be sold except for the Pontiac items I will keep for myself. I have thousands upon thousands of items, no exageration on that and the items have not seen daylight in over 40+ years. The collection originates from an individual who was a member of Automaniacs which was a literature collector club back in the early 1950's. I have all makes of dealer sales literature, brochures, magazines, flyers, papers, small ad's, large ad's, etc...

Here is a web link which shows a very small sampling of the items I have. I think the vintage police cars are very interesting. Again this is just a minor example of the volume of items I have. I am also posting new auctions on ebay.

http://indyta.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album27

Here is a 2nd photo album I posted the evening of January 7th based on some inquiries I received.

http://indyta.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album29

Here is a link to a 3rd photo album showing Nash / Rambler / American Motors brochures from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s. I posted this album on January 8th.

http://indyta.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album30

My contact information is the following. If there is anything specific you are interested in let me know and I will dig out those items to show you what I have. If you have any Pontiac literature or parts items to trade let me know that as well. I am looking for a 1957 Pontiac dealer album set which consists of 2 books.

Gary

Forsyth, Illinois

email: indyta@insightbb.com

I have not seen Amphicar yet in this collection I just obtained. Amphicar is unique for sure. If I come across anything I will send you a message.

Included is a huge amount of information from a variety of auto shows such as the Chicago auto show and others. The amphicar may be included within that and I will be sorting through those items soon.

I see that the Amphicar was produced in Germany between 1961 and 1968. I have seperated all of the items by model and I placed all non-U.S. produced auto items into a seperate area which I have also not yet gone throug. I will keep amphicar in mind. I do know I saw a good amount of VW items, mercedes, and a mix of other exotic makes.

Gary

mrEarl,

I have not posted any photos of Buick items yet. The links you see in the first message above are just a small sample of items. I have been posting photo albums based on requests. I will look to do a photo album showing the Buick items.

Send me your email address and I will send you photos via email as well. My email address is indyta@insightbb.com

Gary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not seen Amphicar yet in this collection I just obtained. Amphicar is unique for sure. If I come across anything I will send you a message.</div></div>

Gary - Thanks for keeping me in mind! Amphicars were a big hit at the '64 World's fair and one of the big Auto shows, I believe in Chicago maybe also in '64 but I can't say for certain

John.

My mom and dad do. I will see what I can find that I could scan in and show you.

I have one of the packs of cards that were sold as souvenirs. Each is a photo of something at the fair and information on the back. Like oversized postcards. I will have to drag it out and see what all is in there. I have not looked at it in many years.

Guest imported_Bookreader

I would like to suggest that you may want to donate some (or all) of your marvelous literature collection to the AACA Library and Research Center in Hershey, PA.

There are two benefits for this: one for you is that you would have a tax deduction as the Library is a 501 ©3 organization and the second is that your collection of evidently an enormous amount of worthwhile material would be available for all hobbyists to access for both historical reference and for authentification when doing restoration. Fran Shore, member of the Library Board of Directors

• 2 weeks later...

36chev,

I do have two 1934 Chevy brochures. I likely also have a variety of AD's for 1934 and 1936 but I have not checked those yet.

For the 1934 Chevy brochures, one it titled "Again Chevrolet leads the parade of progress" and this one is 28 pages.

The other one I have for 1934 is titled "Chevrolet celebrates the 25th anniversary of general motors with a new line of cars". This one is 10 pages.

Gary