My 54 Buick Century

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

inhollywood.jpg

MARILYN

Actually I no longer own this beautiful car but often think of her and sadly reminice. I purchased her from Arlin Hudson in Paradise CA who lovingly completed a 4 year restoration in 1994. I so appreciate his efforts of finding as much of the original and new old stock parts that he did. Remember this was a little before you could "get on line and find anything you need". I had a special desire for this car because it brought back memories of my first car, a red and white 57 Chevy. The memories however weren't the similiarity of the cars but rather the fact that the first car I ever drag raced was my friends parents 1954 red and white 4 door Buick Century. I beat him the first race but the second one he wanted to go for a half mile instead of a quarter and yep, once that ol' Dynaflo got into "high gear" there was no keeping up with it. I'll never forget the sight of those double rocket tailights pulling on away from me.

I only owned her for a year when after the July 4th parade in 2004, a gentleman driving a big long Packard approached me and asked how much I wanted for her.I was currently looking at another 54 Roadmaster in Kansas so I threw out a price double what I had paid for her and his response was "I can give you half now and the other half when the bank opens on Monday". So sadly there went my affair with this beautiful lady Marilyn.

Some more pictures can be seen here

Guest imported_Thriller

Very nice...there is something to be said for those 4 door sedans, isn't there? They may not be considered the most desireable, but they were the most plentiful and affordable back in the day...it is good to see some being saved instead of just being used for parts cars. When you have a family, four doors come in handy too.

Guest imported_Thriller

Hey Lamar...there is a '54 4 door for sale locally...I don't know much more than that though....

I may have to make a call and take a look....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Lamar...there is a '54 4 door for sale locally...I don't know much more than that though....

I may have to make a call and take a look.... </div></div>

Derek

let me know when you look at her. Take some pictures...

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Lamar, Have you seen the March 06 issue of Hemmings Classic Car? Every month they

feature an automotive artist. This month their artist has a nice painting of a pair of 54's

sitting side by side, a blue one and a yellow one. Seems like you should have a copy of this one.

Bob H

Guest 53Nailhead

Lamar, has anyone seen the new show on TV called 'four kings' or something like that... it starts off with a 54 buick & the guys hanging around. I think it's a 54 it only appears a few times very briefly. I think it was on NBC not sure if the day or time. kinda cool! cool.gif

Les

Guest imported_MrEarl

Bob, I'll check that out. THANKS

Les, There was a thread about that eariler. I've been working late lately and haven't been able to see it yet. Maybe this week.

• 1 month later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to share this old photo of the 54 Century

that I owned. Paid $200. for it in '63. Enjoyed it

for a couple years. Should have kept it. I like the '54

much better than the '55's and '56's. </div></div>

Yea, me too.... much more grace, style and class... grin.gif I paid 250 for my first 54 Buick back in '72. Sewed my wild oats all over NE Georgia in it for 2 years, met the joy of my life and had to sell the Buick to buy a washing machine frown.gifwink.gif I'd still love to have a Century hard top. What color was yours

Guest imported_MrEarl

OX, Still on the same wife but on about the 3rd washing machine and it has to be chased and held down every once in a while. Come to think of the wife does too. tongue.gifgrin.gif

esp this picture seems to sorta highlight the new sharp sweap spear that went unchanged for three years.

362709-54B.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

esp,

after you've made an attachment to your post and are in your post, open the attachment and go up and right click the "Address", and Copy it. Then "edit" your original post. In the Instant UBB Code just below the text field click on Image. A box will come up in the top of your screen. Put your cursor/pointer in the left side of the box, right click again and Paste the address you just copied. click OK and your attachment picture will become viewable the next time your post is viewed. It's really more simple than it sounds ( or at least what I made it sound like)

• 1 month later...
Guest kevinshea

test picture instructions

here is a 54 special that I bought.. you can see that it is "under power" .. It was a complete rust bucket.. I used the frame and the convertible top pieces.

a>

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Woooowwwwww....colors man.........

Hey El Diablo, and thanks. Hey, when you gonna post that nice 54 of yours here??

And hey y'all this guy has a great web site. Come on Jan, don't be shy.