LZ In Movie

AceCollins

Just spotted a 37 LZ in a parking in the movie "Double Wedding" with William Powell and Myrna Loy. Movie was made in the summer of 37, so the car would have been new. Lot of good classic cars shown in the Los Angeles street scenes.

I know an LZ Custon sedan was used as Batman's car in the first Batman serial (1943). Does anyone know of any other movies with Zephyr's?

"Shadow of The Thin Man", also with William Powell and Myrna Loy, has the two crossing either the Golden Gate or the bay bridge into Oakland in a 1941 Continental, with at least one good shot of the interior of the car. There is also a John Wayne movie set in Hawaii that has a brief shot of a 41 Continental, I don't remember the name of it.

Yeah, doesn't that '41 Continental look terrific crossing the Golden Gate Bridge with all those other mundane cars?

Another interesting movie with a 1941 Continental Convertible in lots of scenes is the "film noir classic" 1945 movie called "Detour". The Lincoln has 1942 rear fenders with the tail lights blocked out. It shows on TCM every now and then and is also available on DVD.

Then there's the 1954 Rock Hudson, Jane Wyman film "Magnificent Obsession" in which Jane Wyman wrecka a Post-War Continental. (Also available on DVD, but kind of a sappy movie).

Also, in the 1947 Loretta Young movie "The Farmer's Daughter", Joseph Cotton drives a 1941 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible.

post-32768-14313787856_thumb.jpg

Yes Phil, the whole old Mercury Theater group was enamored of our Lincolns, Orson Welles Joseph Cotton, and this lady a few may still remember. A funny one was in the mini-series "Rich Man, Poor Man" with a scene with a a nice '41 Connie departing with a huge cloud of smoke in tow, and Bogie picks a fight with a Continental owner in "In a Lonely Place" 1950, not a bad flick, actually

post-41468-143137878804_thumb.jpg

Hey Pete, my favorite all time movie is "From Here to Eternity", The Dec 7th attack comes at the end of the movie, the one that starts out with the White Connie dodging the Zero's is "In Harms Way", John Wayne, Patricia Neal, the car in eternity was Deborahs devastating '41 Merc convertible, MMMMM, Rolf

Yeah, The Shadow of the Thin Man is one of the best shots of a prewar Lincoln I have ever seen. watched the whole Thin Man boxed set with my high school son about a month ago and pointed out the Lincoln Connie to him. I agree that the Lincoln looks light years beyond all the other cars going across the Golden Gate. Detour is great as well. Keep them coming.

There is a post war Connie in one I can't rememember the name of, help me, it stars Frank Sinatra with Dean Martin and Shirley Mc Claine, the Connie is Franks brothers car, anyone ever see the brand new Ford convertible destroyed in "Tobacco Road"?? Jean Tierneys acting debut in '41, not quite the caliber of "Laura" talent wise-

• 1 month later...

You're talking mostly about old movies here but I thought I'd mention the postwar Continental that is in the movie Bugsy from 1991. I didn't look too close but I think it would be a 46 or 47 though someone can correct me if they know better. The one scene I saw for sure is when Bugsy (Warren Beatty) is dropped off at his house in California by a friend and they're driving the Continental. I thought I also saw a 39 Zephyr being driven by his girlfriend at one point in the movie. It was also sitting at the curb in the background when Beatty was at the door of a house.

Guest AZscott

More recently, is the movie "The Notebook" which came out 2 years ago. It features a beautiful blue 1940 or 1941 Cabriolet (can't remember if lights were on the fenders).