NOS Ring and pinion for '36-'37

Rolf

I believe these are the gears needed for the early bird Z's with the Ford center sections, they won't last long at this price, Rolf

Parts for SALE: NOS Ring and pinion for 35/36 pickup. 9-39 4.33 ratio 10 spline. $125. plus shipping

Dick Spadaro < [ EMAIL ]> 518-861-5367

Altamont, NY USA - Monday, November 14, 2005 at 11:02:57 (EST)

That set will almost certainly work in either a 36-7, but note that the '36 used part no. 50-4209, which was the 4.33 rear-end. The '37 came equipped with H-4209 (a LZ part no.), for a 4.444 rear-end. I don't have any idea why the Lincoln engineers felt it was necessary to make the change. Talk about a stump puller! wink.gif

There is even a better reason for the change I think, and that is our old friend the Columbia 2 speed axle, the 4:44's work much better in OD, don't lug down as much on hills etc, as far as lugging a 12, in my street racing days, I hate to tell you how many times I started from a stop in high gear, because I had scattered all the other gears, the 12 used to unprotestingly do it too, lots and lots of torque in the low RPM's. The Ford book does say the 4:33's are right for both '35 and '36 Ford pickups of the era, thus the 50 prefix, in Fords the 4:44's were standard in V-8 60 powered cars which appeared in 1937, and ran until 1940, and were used surprisingly in big trucks, those really had the stump puller gears!!