Battery Polarity

olklunker

Hi Folks, New guy here with a stupid question, but please bare with me. I think I already know the answer, just want to make sure and all my reference books are packed up for our move. OK, I recently got a '50 or '51 Chrysler Highlander from a guy that was storing it for another guy (you would not berlieve what I have in it). When it was brought to storage, the man drove it in and it ran like a new one, super quiet and very powerful and the auto/stick worked fine. The ONLY thing wrong with it was a problem in the charging sysem. When I went today to get the battery out of it, I found it was hooked up as NEG Ground. I thought all the Chryslers of those yrs were POS Ground. Am I correct in my belief or was the battery connected correctly? I don't believe I could be so lucky as to have that be the only thing wrong with this car. Have I hit the lottery or was the old owner doing it right?

Guest imported_BaronvonR

Well you may have hit the lottery then, because ALL Chrysler products of this era were 6 volt and POSITIVE ground.

Sounds like you have a real find there.

BvR