Which one from the stable should be next?

Guest imported_Thriller

Guest imported_Thriller

Straw poll here based on Ewing's response in my Moving Day thread. Which car should I concentrate on next after Rochester?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know I don't have a vote here, but I'd pick the 29 next. You just don't see them out on the road and its such a unique, big old car. Very different driving experience too. Maybe you want guys to give you their choice? Might be interesting to see what the most popular choice is.

Of course you can ignore us all and do the one you want... that's fair too!

Cheers. </div></div>

Interesting thought John...perhaps you could buy me coffee or a drink someday and try to convince me.

Not a bad idea though - it would be interesting to see what others think. So, here's the list.

- '62 Special convertible - V6 - on the road, needs lots of little touches and to be brought back to the original white

- '66 Wildcat - currently undergoing restoration work to be a Rochester

- '52 Roadmaster 4 door Riviera sedan - least rusty of the metal bodies, car runs (needs to be primed if it hasn't been running in a while), brakes have been redone - probably the easiest restoration

- '61 Invicta convertible - big brother to Special - would be really cool to see beside the Special. Ran when parked (25ish years ago), most power things work from a battery (one window was hard due to window felt being buggered) - needs a lot of work

- '56 Special 4 door sedan - not really in the running as this car is sort of for sale if anyone will take it off my hands. Seeing as I don't care as much about this car, it might be a good one to do more or less myself once I have my workshop - if I mess things up, it won't matter as much.

- '29 Model 51 - ran last summer, body in pretty good shape, rear seat has mouse damage, some floor board rot on driver's side but otherwise appears to have good wood. Neat car and as John says, you just don't see these around. This would be a longer restoration to do the car justice - I'm not sure I have the patience unless I am tinkering with something else on the side.

The first two aren't really candidates for next project, but I thought I'd match things up with my signature to include them all.

Bribes may help get your favourite picked grin.gif

I'll jump in here.

Go for the Invicta. IF gas runs short in the next few years, you will kick yourself for not having this convertible on the road sooner (plus the 29 will run on moonshine, right?)

As for a bribe, confused.gif I would be glad to accept a case of oil filters for my 69 Electra and GS 400. That's very generous of you. laugh.gif

Too bad this post wasn't put in the "general" forum. I think it would have had a lot more hits there.

JD

I've given this a lot more thought , and I'd still pick the 29 next.

You'll have a nice highway cruiser in the Wildcat, a fun little convert for around town in the 62. And the 29, so unique. It's likely close to a driver right now, and with a little coaxing, you can run it as a survivor, a little fix here and there and you're on the road. ( Oh, and maybe tires)!

So here's my order:

My vote would be the 52. Easy to get it to drive and you have not lived till you have driven an early 50's Buick. Plenty of room for the kids, dogs, and cats.

Driving down the road (or more aptly described, floating down the road) you will realize while Buick was pushing Cadillac for the luxery car market back then.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heads, the 52 Roadmaster.....tails the 29,

heads it is, now GET TO WORK!!!! grin.gif </div></div>

Neat idea from the guy who has to pick whether or not to work on a '54 grin.gif

As for the getting to work, I am hard at work spending my wife's hard earned money on the Wildcat...this is a next year (or maybe year after) start.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Since you don't really care about the 56 [staying original], maybe we can get our collective energy together and convince Chip Foose he should do a Buick...your Buick!

Hey I'd even carry the tools around for him, just to watch.

Guest ZondaC12

29! 29! 29! 29!

i cant help it, im in love with the pre-war ones now. but you just dont see many around! the 20's ones are so unique, theyve got things like manual choke and maual spark advance and stuff right? i would personally LOVE to have that in a car. its such a novelty. theyve also got those HUGE headlights, and of course huge engines. 300 some odd cubic inch straight SIX right? id like to hear the sound of that.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">29! 29! 29! 29!

i cant help it, im in love with the pre-war ones now. but you just dont see many around! the 20's ones are so unique, theyve got things like manual choke and maual spark advance and stuff right? i would personally LOVE to have that in a car. its such a novelty. theyve also got those HUGE headlights, and of course huge engines. 300 some odd cubic inch straight SIX right? id like to hear the sound of that. </div></div>

309.6 - 3-5/8" bore by 5" stroke

I can't wait to hear it myself cool.gif