mystery car photo?

daner

• 1 month later...
Guest De Soto Frank

Not a bad guess Steve; White Motors did build cars (steamers at first, then gasoline) until about 1910-1912. Thereafter, they concentrated on trucks and busses.

The White cars and trucks had a very characteristic radiator outline, with a rounded "hump" in the center of the top tank, not unlike Packard. This carried on as a White design element into the early 1950's.

White's radiators usually had "rounded shoulders" at the outer corners of the top radiator tank.

Our subject car seems to have more of a Buick or Pierce-Arrow outline to the upper part of the radiator.

• 5 months later...

gentlemen , i pose a question ... lets say a certain individual was to retrieve these parts and , lets say collectively , as a group , those individuals were to rebuid and donate that vehicle back to the great state of new mexico as a gift ? could the love of old vehicles be passed down in a more cerebral way ? what do you think , boys ?

oh , by the way ... you see them funny " bottom lips " on the front fenders ? i just came back from a mountainside in cloudcroft , new mexico and i do believe i have a couple of the same fenders ... and some other parts that are not ford or chevrolet , maybe even a couple rear body sections , some cowls that just dont seem to fit anything i have seen ( EVER ! ) and the rivet holes on the fenders kind of look like some of the same patterns i see in the pictures above ... weird . and about that maverick ... does it have vinyl seats and no air conditioning ? what comfort THAT must be . my dear old dad ( jerry ) taught me to drive a " 3 on the tree " in a navy blue 73 ford maverick . what an ugly " cuzzin " that was . i'll post some pictures if you would like , gentlemen . by the way ... how far from cloudcroft would those pictures have been taken from ? i do believe i read somewhere that cloudcroft was on the route of some old tour line .... let me know .

check out http://www.ghosttowns.com ... by the way ... the car in the obligatory " stuck " picture ... is that a plain old ford ? what year ? i brought one of those boxes back from cloudcroft new mexico , and didnt have an inkling that would be a battery box ??? she's banged up but looks to be about the same dimensions as the box on the running board . and the rear fenders on that car are the spittin' image of what i brought back from that mountainside .

here's something maybe some of you missed ... do you see another face just above the rear fender , at about 11 o'clock ? a person with blonde or white hair ? the car's left rear fender to be specific . and the likeness of richard nixon in the rocks ? ( kidding ) did these people wear driving glasses on trails like these ?