Traveling car cover!

Jana Ganskow

Hi, I am looking for a traveling car cover for my 1941 Lincoln Zephyr Sedan. Just bought a great car hauler for it and need a cover that is equipped for traveling on the highway. Does anyone know if they make special covers for the Zephyr for road tripping to events? Can use you help.

Thanks,

Jana

To: Diz

Thanks for replying back regarding my question on a traveling car cover. I had no idea that it would be bad for the paint job. I will not cover it when traveling. I have a 4ft bug deflector in front of the car hauler, that should help any debri hitting the car. Thanks again Diz, I appreciate it.

Jana

I use a car cover made by california car cover, they fit tight and have a cable you can run under the middle of the car to put a lock on it or to tie it tight so it doesnt flap around. we use them on all the old cars in the family with no paint problems, as a matter of fack my Grandfather took his 1912 buick on the red rock tour in montana a few years ago and trailered it from Sacramento Calif. and the paint is still perfect after the two way trip and 2500 miles of driving. The newer cars like the packards and lincolns we drive as they arnt broke down so why trailer them, and we just won best packard out of 48 packards at the Sorano Concourse, so it takes a little more effort when you get there, the fun is the drive in your time machine.

Hi Jana,

In my humble opinion, the only SAFE way to trailer a valuable car is in an enclosed trailer. In the trailer, the car is protected from wind, weather, rain, hail, etc. Additionally, and perhaps just as important, the car is protected from "Lookey-Loos" and potiential vandals, thiefs, etc. in Motel and restaurant parking lots. If they don't know what's in the trailer, they probably won't bother it. It's the ULTIMATE car cover, and can be used to store the car when the garage gets too full.

We've seen trailers with owner's names and addresses, marque logos, and such painted on the outside. This is tatamoumt to advertising the trailer's contents and just might pique somebody's curiosity enough to cause trouble. These days you just can't be too careful!

The attachment shows the rig we used to trailer our 1939 Zephyr from Texas to Carlsbad, California to the LZOC Western National Meet in May, 2005. A Webshots photo album of that meet can be viewed at: http://community.webshots.com/album/355325423eWUQwq