1949 Chrysler Windsor

I looked at a 1949 Chrysler Windsor in Mansfield, OH. I am interested in purchasing this car, and need the services of an inspector / appraiser who knows these cars to ensure that the car is sound and authentic.

I am also interested in decoding the paint code (46) and trim code (13).

Are there any books available for this car?

If by books you mean manuals, you might try Faxon. They have an e-bay "store" or call 1-800-458-2734. I bought repro shop manual and owner's manual from them over the internet for the D24 and I thought they were good reproductions--photos and all. Expect to pay around $20 or so. Shop manuaul is most important, and a Parts book is supposed to be helpful too, although I never bought one.

There are some auto inspections services out there. I was thinking of buying a 67 Chrysler 300 that was in florida (I'm in Virginia). I did not want to make that long trip just to look at a car. I had an inspector from automobileinspections.com look at the car for me. He did an evaluation and sent back a report and photos. It was not too expensive ($200 I think). From their advice I decided to pass on that car. With that being said, I don't think they are experts in autenticating a 1949 Windsor. If you need that sort of service there is probably someone out there to help you. Check into the auto inspections site and see what they can do for you. If not, a search on the internet should give you some direction.