Looking for 1957 Lincolns

Guest dave327

Guest dave327

I ordinarily frequent the Packard section of this forum as I have a 1956 Clipper HT but I thought I'd check with you Lincoln folks on this. I'm in Waco, Texas and I am looking for a particular pair of 1957 Lincolns that could be anywhere including "gone." They were owned by my grandfather, Leroy Haley in Waco, and sold as a pair in 1971. I figure if I ask enough people interested in old cars, or Lincolns especially, I will eventually find out if the cars survived. One was a black Capri 2dr HT with a white top and grey interior. The other was tan with a white top and a leather interior and electric windows so we assume it was a Premiere. I was too young to remember the cars well enough but we are fairly sure that the tan car was also a 2dr HT. If you have a '57 that matches either description and have the ownership history please let me know, we would really like to know what happened to them. Thank you.

Dave,

Don't know anything about the 57s, but noted you are just down the road from me. I'm in Hillsboro. I have a 37 LZ, but also into Fords and Auburns. Have a 57 Ranchero, a 17 Model T and and a 34 Auburn. What Packards do you have? Oh, my son drives my 65 Mustang Fastback to high school at Bynum.

Ace Collins

Guest dave327

Ace:

Thanks for the reply. I have a 56 Clipper Super 2dr HT that is about to go to the paint shop. Please feel free to come down to Waco for a visit anytime! I'm going to keep looking and I feel certain that some leads about my gradfathers Lincolns will surface. I especially liked your website. While I loved looking at the car pictures my particular favorite page was definitely Nancy's story. By the way, I'm a Baylor grad too. Sic 'em Bears!

• 2 weeks later...