ANY "NEW" REMEDIES FOR V12 CRANKCASE VENTILATION?? *DELETED*

Dear 41Linc,Before i tore my 39 coupe apart i put 2,000 miles on it one Summer,changed the oil after 1,000 and tore it apart during the restoration and found NO sludge.I attribute it to allowing the engine to run long enough to get warm and Castrol GTX 20-40 or ANY modern detergent oil.IMHO smile.gifdiz

I have an article on improving crankcase ventalation. It involves drilling 5 or 6 1/16th inch hole on both sides of the oil pan and useing a set of curved or 45 degree angled valvle cover breathers to seal them. the breathers you can get from moon eyes or summit racing. they are baffeled inside to keep oil from escaping and do a good job of venting the crankcase. I will try to email you a copy of the article since its to big to post. Its from and old book I have on hot rodding the Lincoln V12.

Not clear what the problem is here, 41Linc. Looks to me like someone has responded to each of your questions. I guess we could all follow up and say "I agree" or "yup, that's right," or maybe offer an opinion even if we aren't sure. Not sure that would help though.

Unfortunately, these aren't like flathead Fords, where you can get a thousand opinions on every topic (and at least half of them wrong). It's just the nature of the beast.

You might want to contact Jake Fleming. He sells a positive crankcase ventilation system and I don't believe it involves any modification of the oil pan? As stated, modern oils do wonders for these old engines but a positive vent system might keep the "fumes" to a minimum on an old engine.