Columbus Ga. 2005

Guest AlK

For those of you that can make it, Peachstate Packards is having it's second annual meet at the Columbus Civil War museum on October 22nd. This is a meet similar to the one that Tom Kaiser has in Florida. No judging, no trophies, no classes, just lots(hopefully) of classy Packards. Last year was a bit light due to the hurricane. This year may be just as light if not lighter for the same reason and due to the greed of the oil companies. However if it is at all possible, please come. In addition to the cars themselves the museum is well worth going thru. Hope to see you there.

Ohhhh come on Brian what else have you got to do?????

Hop on I-79 south, cut over the mountains to Beckley, I-77 to Charlotte, I-85 to Atlanta, to I-185 to Columbus and your there, what could be easier.

I've made the trip many times.

The roads are a lot better now, 4 lane and well traveled. I cannot give you exact times but you can figure we are 5 1/2 hours from Charlotte. So however long it takes you to get to Charlotte.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Al,

Here's hoping for good weather and a great turn out for your event - year after year.

Keep us posted! </div></div>

Thanks for the well wishes, but I have my doubts. I know I can count on two (2) people being there, My wife and I. We have a guy here in town that would rather go to some stupid football game that show his gorgeous 1937 sedan which recently underwent a $60k resto. Another member prefers his VFW meeting to a Packard meet. I sometimes wonder why some people own Packards and/or antique cars in general. They won't go to an event unless it is in their own back yard. A few years ago the comment was made in a meeting that the club should have an event outside of Atlanta. So I made the mistake of opening up my big flannel mouth and volunteered to put it together. I put together a 3 day event here in Columbus. I had 3 tours 1 each day, one was a visit to our historic district, another to the infantry museum at fort benning, and the last was open ended to westville for people who came from the south and one to Warm Springs for those who came from Atlanta. I got exactly 4 people to commit to the event, my wife and I, the man with the 37 sedan(no football that weekend) and 1 member from the club. We also had dinner out on two nights in not to expensive restaurants. The rest of the people I guess wanted to watch their toe-jam grow, or had grass to watch hibernate. We put this show on last year and got 8 people to show up. If we have no response this year that is better then they can all kiss this event good - bye. why bother.