LOTS OF "VIEWS" FEW REPLIES.???

no more

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I have a 40 Z with 18600 miles on it completely original,radio still works, clock doesn't.Orginally sold to G C Patton at the Aberdien proving grounds in Maryland in may of 1940, it was bought back by a lincoln dealer in 1947, which I bought from them,at the time it had 7,000 some miles on it.But do to my service time and other Government work the car spent alot of time in storage mostly in Nevada at the Test Site,

I do use it once in awhile and perform general maintenance as required by the manual.

So see we do have people that you can converse with it

Gravity laugh.gif

To Zeffer 48's point. I see allot of views but few responses. I have learned so much about my car since I joined the LZOC and by viewing this board daily. (Don't tell my boss) It seems, however, its always the same individuals that respond to the "newbies" or even the "ole timers questions" regarding their Lincolns. I am sure there is a wealth of Lincoln knowledge out there and I for one would welcome (need) every bit of it. Let start with a "roll call" of viewers. I'll be glad to start...48 LC...Cleveland, OH...48 Lincoln Continental Coupe...Who's next???

i am also new member. i am restoring a 41 lz four door. the technical information and contacts i have received on this site have been most helpful. i dont know anyone locally who has a car like mine so i rely on this site for help. i have been provided answers to all my questions or referred to a source for the answers. when i have a problem in the restoration my first step is to search the prior posts for similar questions. thanks a lot to all who have guided my efforts. david

Guest 40-41 connies

Recently I had a problem with a non working overdrive on my 1941 Continental. I posted a help wanted note and I found that we have the most high knowledge person I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with on this problem. Dee Peecher came to help me on a daily basis and sometime hourly as I pulled out the transmission and reworked it on my shop bench. He went step by step on every detail. I could never have completed the job without his help. I now have an excellent running overdrive and my hats off to him. Pete Vamvakas

• 1 month later...

I've been viewing off and on, and have been compiling comments on various subjects over the last few years, in preparation for launching fully into the restoration of my '41 sedan. Now I'm really gonna do it! Hope I don't wear out my welcome with questions. V12 Bill and Peecher in particular have been really helpful. I hope I can give back even a fraction as much as they have after I've gained the experience.

Dave

Im almost new to this list.I live in Denmark and bought a lz 39 convertible coupe 2 month ago.I have posted a few questions to this,and I must say, there has been immidiate respons each time.If it wasnt for this list, I had probably demolished my cam,as the previous owner installed mec.lifters without changing the cam.Thanks to this list(readers)I was gently guided through the process of changing back to hyd.lifters.Before I was a model A and later a v8 enthusiast.Even though you can transfer a lot of your experience to LZ from these cars,its allways nice to get advices from experienced LZ enthusiast.

Best regards Birger