High, Holy days of Hershey

mrpushbutton

Say gang, it's my favorite time of year, the High Holy days of Hershey. I JUST found out I'm good to go (from work). This will be my 25th year of going, I've only missed two years in 25. I'll be with Packards1 in the Patrician Industries tent every morning and closing time,and walking (and walking and walking) the field in between. Stop by and swap pushbutton horror stories, get unwanted advice or bring beer--I'll be there. To paraphrase a fisherman's bumper sticker "A bad day at Hershey is better than a good day at work!"

Guest imported_Packards1

Don't mind Mr. Pushbutton. DO NOT bring beer. The AACA Nazis will throw everyone involved out. Their head enforcer "Official Mr.Bob Smith" could be lurking waiting to make a bust. The High Holy Days are approaching.

WEATHER REPORT FOR HERSHEY: The weather report for the three days is at Hersehy is rain or showers for all three days. High are to be around 60. So bring warm cloths and rain gear.

Guest imported_Packards1

well, the high,holy days of Hershey are OVER. The rain came overnight, and will stay for the entire next week. We packed up my booth this morning and were off the field by noon. The non-paved areas of the white field will be an awful quagmire for the remaining souls. The weather channel is calling for heavy rain tomorrow morning. Better luck next year.

signed,

Packards1 and Mr. Pushbutton

Guest Randy Berger

Thanks for the update, but sorry about the rainout. That happens a lot at Hershey. I'm going to York next weekend for the semi-annual train meet and hope for good weather. The train meet is inside, but it's inside six different buildings and scurrying around the fairgrounds between buildings trying not to get original boxes wet is a real pain.

Guest imported_Packards1

Just got home from Hershey. The first three days were great. Super warm weather and I was able to wear shorts. Got some neat items for my 1956's. Yes the rain came on friday morning and we packed up (5 hours for 5 people) and left the field. I really missed watching the cars drive in saturday morning for judging. Even with the heavy rain, we all had a ball. Went to both Packard tents and talked with a lot of folks. We fed Joe Block who was home from Saudi Arabia a hamburger and goodies when he stopped by. Ate way too much good foood at our favorite resturants in the area and an very glad I attended. Yes it is much better when it does not rain, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Guest imported_Packards1

Also forgot to mention that on the way to Hershey we stopped in Somerset PA for the evening. We went out about 8 miles into the country to a great restaurant we know about and saw a 1941 Packard in the parking lot. When we got inside, Dick Stoltzfus was inside with his wife having dinner. He had just moved into the area from eastern Pennsylvania and we had a wonderful evening talking Packards. I have known him and his brother Bob for about as long as I have been into Packards.

Packards1: It was a great pleasure visiting your tent on thurdsay. The effort of your people to locate Mr. Pushbutton for me was very nice. After leaving your tent in the morning I went over to the Giant Center andd previewed the cars for sale in the parking lot. Then I went to view the cars on display for the auction. There were alot of nice classic Packards on display in the tent and on the parking lots. This is always the main highlite of going to Hershey for me.

I brought my camera with me and took about 200 pictures. It sure is nice to come home and down load and see the pictures right away.

Packard53--Sorry I missed you at the Pat. ind. tent, But true to my word, I was there first thing in the AM, last thing at night, and walking the flea market all day. We ought to plan a big 'ol AACA forum Packard list BBQ-hootenany for next year. Put names and personalities to these folks on line. Might do much to engender civil discourse here. John

Guest imported_Packards1

I didn't hear but I bought 3 tickets on it at Frederick MD this spring. I haven't gotten a call so I guess everyone elses odds are better.

• 3 weeks later...