68 Cutlass Supreme

Guest Dave Wyatt

Guest Dave Wyatt

A friend has a beautiful 68 Cutlass Supreme (342878M******) for sale. It is owned by the widow of his high school buddy who bought the car in 1971. At the time of purchase, he also bought a wrecked 4 speed 68 4-4-2. The drive line from the 4-4-2 was installed in the Cutlass as was the bucket seats, console and steering column. G code 400 with D heads, muncie 4 speed with factory (H on stick) shifter, and we think the rear end as well. We have not raised the car to check for posi or ratio, but we can. The engine has been rebuilt at some point, but we are not sure of what all was done, but it was handled by a competent local machine shop. It is sitting on a set of Superior brand slotted dish chrome wheels, shod with GoodYear Wingfoot tires. The car also has full length side pipes for the exhaust from the headers. It's like you are back in 1975 again when you look at it, a true time capsule.

The car was a daily friver until late 73/early 74 when he parked it and bought a VW to drive to college. Upon graduation he took the car with him where it remained in the garage most of the time. In 1994 he and a co-worker were killed by a drunk driver and the car was brought back to his dad's home. His dad passed away a couple of years ago and my friend assumed the duties of caring for the car. Now my friends daughter is driving and he needs the garage space, so the Cutlass must go. Widow and her son do not want it back and my friend can't keep it without adding garage space,which is not an option.

The car has been repainted to a darker red than original and the seats have been recovered at some point. It has also been rust proofed at Ziebart at some time. The undercoating is still glossy under the car and all this was done previous to the owners untimely passing. The car is spotless and would make someone a nice cruiser/show car for local cruise ins and shows.

It's not a number matching original due to the drivetrain swap, but it was never meant to be a clone either. It was just a performance upgrade of the day.

I have pictures available. The car is located north of Terre Haute IN.

Call Mike Stateler at 765-832-7621 to see the car. He knows more about it than I do, but I know Oldsmobiles, so he asked me to help find it a good home. If I had spare money and a place to keep it, I'd buy it.

Guest Dave Wyatt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any pics? I'm very close to the area and could check it out. What price range is he talking? Thanks Pat </div></div>

Pat, shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you some pics.

Guest Dave Wyatt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Dave for listing the car. The owner of the car is asking $12,000. If you have any questions I can be reached at MikeStateler@Hotmail.com

Thanks, Mike </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words Mike, I just want to see it go to a good home. Much like the home it has now. You are a true friend to the Rodich family for taking care of Steve's baby like you have.

Now, if you would just add on to your garage and purchase the car for yourself... cool.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest Dave Wyatt

The widow wants to sell this car and she is willing to deal. She has not stated a firm price, but somewhere around $6000 will take it home.