Can anyone identify these cars?

Zardoz

Last Sunday I took hundreds of photos at the Belmont Shore Car Show in Long Beach, California. Apparently I got distracted and wandered off after shooting these two cars, and I neglected to find out what they were:

dscn18290xz.jpg

dscn18417hz.jpg

Can anybody identify them? The sedan is fascinating, and I'm dying to know what it is.

Both cars appear to be '40 Fords. The top car was a DeLuxe Fordor sedan, the bottom car was probably a '40 Standard coupe. Both are heavily modified, and the coupe especially may have been a '39 model. (The coupe's grille appears to be a genuine '39, but could be a '40 Standard witht he center chome missing. The hood, while probably fiberglass, is definitely modeled on the '40.)

With street rods like these all bets are off, however. The best ID you can get is what the builder was shooting for, which may or may not be based on what he/she was working with in the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're both Fords, I believe, 1940. Looks like the black one has had a Volkswagen sunroof installed on it.</div></div>

Good call by you and Dave:

ford1940fordordeluxe27nf.jpg

The top threw me. You're probably right about the VW sunroof, unfortunately. What a shame...

About the yellow coupe: I Googled "1939 Ford Deluxe 3-window" and "1940 Ford Deluxe 3-window" and came up with nothing. Do you suppose the builder turned a 5-window into a 3-window? Did Ford even make 3-windows in '39 and '40?

Thanks for the replies!