radio information 41 lz

okdave

i am looking for a radio or block out plate for my 41 lz i dont believe it has had radio before. is the radio for this car interchangeable with any ford radios and does anyone have a photo of the radio so i can look for one at an upcoming swap meet.

david

Hey Dave, been having better luck with the pics lately, this one will show the controls for a '41Z radio, no Ford or Mercury radios will interchange. The block off plates are just a simple curved plate with Lincoln V-12 embossed on them. The speaker is in the case, and it emits through the radio grille in the dash. The factory aeriel will usually tell whether your car came with a radio or not, they are usually mounted on the cowl between the hood and the left door, they had a big round rubber spacer, and screwed to the framework behind the left kick panel, they were good radios for AM, had the station selector switch floor mounted and manual in the center of the face. A lot of people have had modern AM-FM innards put in an original case, or many after market radios will fit by altering the original hole a little, I am considering doing that with my '41, as I have obtained a good working tape player and an "up-verter" to make the 12V unit work with my 6V system, hope that all helps