trim installation on 41 lz

okdave

some of the chrome trim on the side my zephyr were in the trunk. there are clips in the holes on the car where the trim goes that look like a spring or spiral. i cant figure out how the put the trim back on. do i take clips off car and put clips in trim and reinstall or do you somehow put trim back on with clips on car. i obviously am not a body man and just need some general guidance so i wont scratch up the paint putting it back on.

Guest imported_V12Bill

Dave, The clips that hold the moulding to the car are inserted into the moulding first. They are usually started from one end or the other, but I have seen some cases where the moulding had a cut out somewhere along its length to insert a clip. Both wire and T type clips are installed in the same way. A WORD OF CAUTION!! If installing the wire clips DO NOT bang them into the holes with the palm of your hand. A stray clip could scratch the paint, you could bend the moulding, and you definately will crush fresh paint when the moulding flattens the paint. In no time flat you will see rust start to appear where the paint was crushed by the moulding.

Bill