Help Identifying a car

Jay Wolf

That's a 1902 Rambler, built from a plastic model kit. It is, I believe, the 1:16 scale model produced by Aurora Plastics 1961-72 or 73. Giveaway clues are the tires, as Aurora made these kits with separate PVC tires, which show on your built-up. Nice find for your museum, and glad to see that antique car museums are beginning to recognize that models of cars can also help to tell the story of the automobile.

Art

Sorry for any confusion:

I am not with the AACA museum my only association with AACA is I am a life member.

The model cars were donated to the Library at Vincennes University.

We are just going to display them in some of our reading rooms for our Students and patrons to enjoy.

The Rambler has "1961" cast in to the plastic on the bottom so I think you are right on.

Most of the bigger die cast one have the year and model cast on the bottoms.

They are very detailed, on some of them if you turn the rear wheels the drive shaft and the engine fan turn.

I still have a lot of 7 inch long plastic Classic Era cars to Identify.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for any confusion:

I am not with the AACA museum my only association with AACA is I am a life member.

The model cars were donated to the Library at Vincennes University.

We are just going to display them in some of our reading rooms for our Students and patrons to enjoy.

The Rambler has "1961" cast in to the plastic on the bottom so I think you are right on.

Most of the bigger die cast one have the year and model cast on the bottoms.

They are very detailed, on some of them if you turn the rear wheels the drive shaft and the engine fan turn.

I still have a lot of 7 inch long plastic Classic Era cars to Identify. </div></div>

Feel free to email me pictures of the ones you can't identify--I can probably help you out, and in addition, likely I can ID any that were made from model kits by brand and era when kitted as well.

Art