425 with dual quads

Can someone tell me what CFM the Carter Carbs were on the factory dual quad set up? I'm building a 425 for the street and have had to settle for an offy 5191 due to shortage of original equipment and think that a pair edelbrock 500's should be adequate but would like to hear about personal experiences. Thanks and have a great day.

The stock Carter AFB's were rated at 625 cfm so you may want to reconsider the 500's. Edelbrock makes a nice 650, I am going with 2 of them.

My understanding of the Offy manifold is that you may be disappointed with its performance if you bolt in on untouched. I've heard that Jim Burek at www.paeenterprises.com has been able to significantly improve their performance.

Keep us informed of your build-up.

Hi Guys, thanks for the input but I think I have solved my problem the way I originally wanted to. I was getting impulsive and going with an alternate solution but I just purchased an original intake with dual Carters on it. I got lucky and also got the linkage and a chrome air cleaner which really makes it sweet. Thanks again and have a great day.