Packard Predictor from Great American Dream Machines

Centurion

This may already be common knowledge, but I learned today that the Great American Dream Machines has introduced its fine 1/43-scale model of the Packard Predictor, joining other dream cars in the series, such as Harley Earl's LeSabre and the Buick Y-Job. These are not inexpensive, but the quality is evidently excellent.

predictor_r2_c2_f3.jpg

Here's the link:

Packard Predictor

Brian, I was perusing my local hobby store, and found a re-introduced model from Monogram.

It appears to be a good repro of the Lincoln Futura, and while not as nicely detailed as most Ravell models, is a good condidate for the model shelf. You will remember that it was one of the series produced in the 50s along with the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham model. I am seriously thinking of getting it. But I still want to find a Predictor or a good representation of a Packard from the 1950s. So far, no luck.

Guest bkazmer

The survival rate of Packard's show cars is pretty impressive - you can still see the Predictor, Request, Daytona, PanAmerican, and I believe the Balboa. The Brown Bomber/Phantom is deceased, unless Joe Bortz suddenly finds the dismembered hulk!

• 5 years later...

Glad to see this is back--or at least getting some publicity now. I bought one many years ago when it first came out and thought they had gone extinct. Not inexpensive then either and not plastic--a very heavy piece of metal, nicely detailed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

That second link is broken too, but what I wanted to know is how the Predictor was saved? Did it go right from Studebaker to the museum? Or was it out and about kicking around from private owner to private owner, maybe an auction or two? I am interested in writing a little article but need to know when it was available for a song because it was orphaned. I also think it was one of the most futuristic names for a "dream" car...