Square Cars!

Terry Bond

Our Region (Tidewater) just finished our fourth annual Square Car Tour today. Its a special event aimed at older "square" cars. Each year, the numbers increase and it seems like more fun than the last one. My '14 T felt right at home along with the other antiques as we toured some back roads in southern Virgnia Beach and Chesapeake. We started at the country home of a club member for coffee and donuts and a look through his car bard. We had a half-way stop at a park and then finished at a Pizza/ice-cream place that is a major advertiser in our newsletter (our way of saying thanks). My 4 year old grandson navigated for me and had the thrill of a lifetime mixing with all those old cars and old car folks.

How many other events are out there that are strictly for the spoke wheel crowd?

The forum seems like a great place to share some ideas on how you keep the older cars active.

Terry

Terry, The 2005 Mighty Marmon Muster will take place in a couple of weeks in Auburn, Indiana. Right now we expect about 20 Marmons at this annual event and since the last one was made in '33, they are all "square cars". We are looking forward to touring and visiting the many museums in the are. Cars will be coming in from as far away as California (and of course one from Alabama). Several cars will be doing a Pre-Muster tour to get to Auburn - about 300 miles total.

Good old fashioned stuff, but mainly the old antique looking ones like Model A's, T's...oops, and Marmons too. Of course we have it open to all the more modern stuff like flathead Fords, even newer than that. But-they gotta go to the rear and if they can't keep up, heck, see ya at the pizza shop.

Terry