1930 Cadillac V-8 4-dr. sedan for sale, good condition

Pete Phillips

I am listing this car for the widow of a friend. Her husband completely restored the car in the late 1980s. It has been garaged and occasionally driven since; runs fine. Wire wheels, dual side-mounts, close-coupled 4-dr. sedan with rear-hinged rear doors; maroon with black fenders; brown mohair interior (also redone in the 1980s); body by Fisher. I believe this is the Town Sedan. Very impressive and beautiful car but what you would call a bottom-of-the-line Cadillac. Still, it stops most spectators dead in their tracks and always draws a crowd, and is a CCCA Classic. Some of the chrome plating could stand to be redone if you wanted to win trophies with this car. Wide whitewall tires; couple of scratches on the paint where the hood latches and opens. Car has been driven on AACA tours, and could be driven home, but it does not like speeds above 45 mph despite its "high-speed" rear end. With the mechanical brakes, I wouldn't want to go faster than that, anyway. One window crank eustuceon is missing, and I think one of the interior door handle eustuceons is missing. Windshield wipers are also missing, but could be obtained from Fikken wiper supplies. Car has the flathead V-8 with rare spark plug covers in place; does not smoke; runs well; body has good wood; no rust, no dents, fabric top insert is good; tires are good; no radio; no heater (none needed, as enough engine heat comes through the floorboards to keep everyone warm and toasty!). Asking price is $25,000, slightly negotiable. Car came out of New Orleans in the 1960s; I think I have a notebook of records that go with it. Car is located in Sherman, Texas north of Dallas. Not currently registered, but I take it around the block about once a month, just to be sure everything gets limbered up. Can send email photos as soon as I find the disk they are on. Ask any questions, if I have not provided enough information. Serious, only, please. I would classify this as between a #2 and a #3 condition.

Pete Phillips

pphillips922@earthlink.net

903/892-6932 during regular office hours