Buick Club of America Pre-War Division

Peter Gariepy

Hi to all,

MY name is Mike Simpson and I just joined this afternoon. I felt it was the right thing to do as yesterday I became the proud new owner of a 1940 BUICK LIMITED. She's a driver, thanks to points,plugs,cap and rotor from, believe it or not, my local NAPA store. Her tx has a bad case of diariea, but oil is cheap, and rebuilding that is #1 priority. With a fairly new paint job and some rechromed parts, she looks pretty good at a distance. Since we live up in the mountains, about 3 hours from Denver, everything takes 2 weeks, so it is good to know there are others out there in our situation too.

Best Regards,

Mike Simpson

Mike, how about that, I get to be the first to welcome you here. You would certainly have gotten a lot quicker response if you would have posted this in the General discussion forum or as a new thread in this pre-war forum. And, if I knew how to move your first post I'd do so, but I think it's out of my control. Maybe you could just post again or perhaps a moderator will get this in the right spot. Anyways. congratulations on your Buick purchase, I think those big models represent Buick luxury at its best

You made a real wise move to get involved with these folks because they are some of the friendliest, most helpful and knowledgable folks around. I mostly lurk here, contributing when I can. Another must, in my opinion, is to join the Buick Club of America. Among many other benefits, it gives you access to the Buick Bugle, a colorful monthly publication that is second to none in its class.

I hope that you enjoy learning about your car but I'll warn you, this hobby is addictive. Indeed you'll find NAPA to be a good source for brake and some engine parts and you'll also find this forum to be a great place to ask about the harder to find parts.

Again, welcome to this place and congratulations!

Joel,

Thanks for the welcome. I did join the BCA yesterday, and i'm looking forward to getting more involved. I see by your public profile, your an engineer. Me too. 9 years with J.I. Case, as a welding engineer, 9 Years with Kelsey Hayes Wheel div. as a sr process engineer and 30 years selling steel and aluminium castings in Co,NM,AZ, Wy.Utah. Still on the road today.

I don't think I will build a stable of cars, like I see you have done, since I still fly radio controlled airplanes, and I still race dirt bikes, but I ran across an old pic of my grand father standing beside his '40 Buick, and since he had a big hand in raising me, I would like to do this project right.

My main concern now is to get the tx sealed and working properly.

Best Regards,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Well, thanks to the folks @ Ken's transmission in Buena Vista, we again have our "driver" on the road, and the speedo works too. Now it's on to the gas sending unit and gage. Then all the wiring under the dash. Boy, what a project, and i'm loving it.............

Mike in Colorado

• 2 months later...
Guest Csteve300

Am I in? I sent tyhe required information(to join PWDF) several weeks ago, but have noit heard anything?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

As you probably know, anyone can use this forum. You have indicated you have applied for membership in the PWDF, so I assume the F stands for :forum". I think what you meant you applied for the Pre-War Division of the BCA. This simply requires that you have an interest in Pre-War Buicks and are a member of the BCA. This is internet based only and you should soon be receiving the next newsletter, by e-mail only. I assume you sent the information to one of the officers, so I would just send them a follow-up.

John

• 2 months later...
Guest gillianreynolds

You probably already know about the Buick Club of America. It deals with all years & models. The club publication is The Bugle.

1x1.gif

It seems like the BCA tries to be all things Buick to all Buick people; an impossible task. But they do try, and you should check them out. You can buy back issues of The Bugle that deal with your particular favorite era of car. And the ads are of interest to all of us.

Thanks@!!

hotels in lisbon

Edited by gillianreynolds (see edit history)

Guest Csteve300

I have been a member off and on for years. Buicks I have owned: 1953 Special Convertible, 1964 Skylark Convertible, 1955 Century 2dr HT, 1965 Skylatk GS Convertible, and now 1940 Centuyry Phaeton!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Peter,

Is this the forum that Sandy (outlawcarman) and I can "lobby" for a "big car" forum ????

Both of us having "big" series Buicks, and chatting w/ the other 80-90 series car owners, on the Pre-War forum sometime have to wade through a lot of posts to get to the ones that apply to us. Don't get me wrong, as that is still a lot of fun, and a lot of the posts do apply.

Maybe it's just the Colorado mindset. Out here, everybody would rather be captain of a row boat, than second mate on the Queen Mary.

Just my $ .02.

Lobby,Lobby,Lobby

Mike in Colorado

Jeeze guys, how much more do you want to dissect this forum? I really don't see the need to be exclusive when you both have shared so much with others on this forum...

I think helping yourselves and others is what this is all about... After all, you can always filter by posting the series in the subject line...

My 2 sense!

Guest Grant Magrath

Pre-War covers a pretty large period and a huge group of very different models. In my opinion, there's strength in numbers, and the more we have on here, the stronger and more helpful we can be to each other.

Cheers

Grant

Guest outlaw car man
Jeeze guys, how much more do you want to dissect this forum? I really don't see the need to be exclusive when you both have shared so much with others on this forum...

I think helping yourselves and others is what this is all about... After all, you can always filter by posting the series in the subject line...

My 2 sense!

No, no, we were looking at a Yahoo thing , certainly not a new forum. Like the 34-35 etc guys have on Yahoo.

This one is perfect, far be it for the Mountian Men to upset the apple cart- HHHAAAAA.

Just a little misunderstanding on the forum type-

Hell, I couldn't go a day without a forum email from Grant, anyway, while doing my breakfast of Vegamite & toast-

We love big cars in Colorado

Sandy

post-54015-14313884352_thumb.jpg

O.K.

I'll back off......

I too like chatting w/ Grant, Danny, and all the other pre war chaps.

And yes, it would be a shame to further fragment the forums.

Must be that old Coloado mind set.

Seems like everybody out here would rather be the captain of a row boat, than second mate on the Queen Mary.........

Mike in Colorado

• 1 year later...
Guest 56 Model

post-92831-143141860199_thumb.jpg

I am Stan Booker in Lawton, OK. I just bought this 1927 Buick Master Six Seven Passenger and I am real excited. The visor was lost during transit and I need to find another one along with a source of other parts. Any help is appreciated.

Stan: Welcome to the forum

Well worth joining the BCA as my signature link

One good source of NOS parts is Bobs Automobilia

A '27 visor will be a little harder. Ask in the Buick buy/sell subforum

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

• 1 year later...