She's a runner!

Remember the red 1963 Amphicar I just got? After sitting from 1968 to 1985, then left alone again until 2005, I now have it running. Touch the key and Vrooom! Took me about an hour to get the carb cleared out, set up a temp fuel tank, and check everything. (fuel tank is really gooey).

Paint shines like new, upholstery is virtually perfect. There are some mechanicals to repair yet before she swims again. I am feeling pretty lucky with this one.

Congratulations John, you never cease to amaze me. When you get a few extra $ there is a place here in western PA (Renew It) that does an excellent job on gas tank restoration. I'm unsure as to what they use to coat it with but its bullet proof against gas and any kind of additive and has a lifetime warranty.

My buddy and me are going to look at a Amphi (hopefully) locally this Saturday that has been garaged for many years. From what I understand it resides in a garage at a funeral home, details to follow.

I see you survived this past weekend.

Ron - Keep me informed on the story! I have a local guy here who can do my tank, but thanks for the reccomendation! Dave's was a hoot! He even hit the water with such force as to launch the battery (why wasn't it tied down?) into the distributer. I towed him upstream back to the ramp. Weather was overcast and a little rain, but otherwise great!

John