65 GS....

Mr Buick

My wife and I picked up this 65 Skylark GS in Illinois a month ago. Runs great. Has had a full restoration. Drove it to the Gopher State show on May 1st. Always wanted a Big Block Buick........ smile.gif Now we're happy!

John and Jan Simonson

Neillsville, Wisconsin

Thanks for the nice compliments guys,......I like the look of the painted roof as well,.....something a little different. "Dare to be different"...that's how I live my life,....do or have something not everyone else will have or do....

I have been looking for a set of floor mats for it, either the Buick tri-shield mats or some good rubber with the GS logo. I will definately have it at various shows, and I hope to meet as many of you as possible. I plan on taking it to the National meet in Rochester Minnesota next year. I have always been a Buick nut, and I always will be.

Thanks again and I'll be in touch!

John

P.S. Keith,.....It's hard for me NOT to go a "little" over the speed limit, but you can rest assured, a speeding ticket is not in my future,......I have been duly warned by my wife!!! shocked.gif Besides, I have never had a speeding ticket, and don't plan on one now!! cool.gif

CARS in NJ has reproduction Buick tri-shield mats. Black with white shield/ring. They look good, are correct and fit. The 'custom' rubber mats offered by another vendor with GS or Skylark on them don't fit anything well and really don't work on the 65's with the floor mounted gas pedal.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of Gran Sport.Looks as if you done good.Car looks great.Try postonbuick.com for the antenna nut.If not,I'm sure I have an extra one around here.

65 Gran Sport conv.Arctic white

65 Gran Sport conv.Midnight Blue

65 Gran Sport Thin Pillar (indecisive so far) wink.gifooo.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...