Empty trailer heading to OK from GA

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Well since no one is coming this way... looks like I'll be going out to pick up that derelict 54 Super from Wheatbelt, just above Tulsa. Anybody need anything delivered out that way.(Nothing larger than a 54 Roadmaster though) Or anything small brought back from Wheatbelt.Will be leaving out the 20th or 21st. Route will be I-20 to Birminham, 78 to Memphis, I-40 to just south of Tulsa.

Guest Rojo22

I knew you would go get it...If it was over the weekend, I would volunteer to help drive, but I cant go during the week...Good luck..

Guest imported_MrEarl

Rojo,

That's OK, my son and co-pilot Jordan, will graduate to pulling empty trailers this trip.(first long haul since turning 16) Depending on how badly pinched the passenger seat is by the time we head home I may even let him get some loaded time in . Plus I think ol' Brad54 might climb in and go with us.

Any body had any experience with unloading 2 ton cars with no rear ends with out tearing the wooden trailer floor out. I typically jack the car up about 3 feet off the trailer, run a 6x6 treated pine under it supported by 12" concrete blocks, jack it back down and pulll the trailer out from under it.Makes it real nice to work under like that.Problem is this time I don't have the $ for the 6x's. The car is basically junk and not much to hurt so I'm considering putting a 8 inch power pole under the rear rocker panels area and hopefully winching it off. crazy.gifconfused.giftongue.gif

still got an empty trailer on the way out..... confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

Oh it went great!!

Talk about a car that will turn some heads on the interstate!!!

100_0480.jpg

I don't think we caused but two 120 car pile ups caused by gawkers on the other side of the median breakin there necks to look at this hunk of beautiful steel.

Hell, I can't help it. I'm a Buick junkie... a fix is a fix. About every 6 months I start goin through withdrawls. The site of a 54 Buick hood in the rear view mirror and a headlight bezel in the side mirror along with the feel of pulling 4,400 pounds of Flint iron will geneally kill the chills. I use to be able to afford the good clean stuff but these days...well...I find this will do the trick.

We did have a good time, Jordan and I. 2,100 miles round trip, beautiful weather. Jordan drove for a couple of hours til my seat started getting pinched up. Delivered some 54 Chevy fenders to a hot rod guy in Tulsa and enjoyed visiting with him. He showed us some of Route 66. Of course got to see all the old Buicks at Wheatbelt. The old Buick hauler Chevy rolled over 170,000 miles but still runs as strong as the day she was built. Finally figured out my trailer brake problem (one of those dang snap type wire connectors hadn't been making good contact) and having full brakes for the first time was great. Can't say I'm in a hurry to make another trip west for awhile. North maybe. wink.gif

Now to get this baby unloaded without scratchin her up. tongue.gif

Guest Rojo22

Man I thought I was the only one to go through the withdrawal thing. I wonder what the medical term for Jonesen on Rust would be called??? I will ask my cousin doctor if he can cobble some medical/Latin term together. Then we will at least have a name for what we have.....LOL...She is a beaut! I love the open road with a big fat Packard grill grinning through the back glass of my suburban. Well I am glad ya had a good trip. I know about the seat puckering. Sometimes my driving buddy left me with shorts full of seat cover! I love stopping for gas when bringing this stuff home. I have heard some heartfelt stories of older people coming out and telling me they havent seen a Packard in a good number of years, and the stories of a family member who owned one. I get a lot of honks and thumbs up while dragging them home.

Good luck with your new fix! If your heading north for something let me know if ya need a NON PUCKERING partner with ya!

I am headed up nawth this weekend with an empty trailer to pick up the 50 Woodie I am working on. It will be good to take a road trip.

My wife likes it that we are hauling the trailer empty up. When I dropped the car off, we picked up a car on the way home. Now she likes it, but she wasn't real happy to first see it.

Never haul an empty trailer home, it gets lonesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now to get this baby unloaded without scratchin her up. tongue.gif

</div></div>

Be careful, Earl. It takes a long time to get them just the way you like 'em! smile.gif