!947 viable chassis

Rolf

Hey gang, don't want to hog this forum, but I have just obtained a complete 1947 Lincoln Chassis, complete with what looks as if it has a running V-12, and everything else a '47 has mechanically, anyone that labors under the myth that the body can not be separated from the frame on our '36-'48's, had better write to me for some revealing pictures at rolf@got.net Meanwhile, all this good stuff I just got needs a home, who has got a hulk body they will sell me??, Any year, although postwars would be the easiest, but of course if you have a '41 club coupe, you know I would be all over it, let me know, thanks Rolf

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf, I don't recall anyone saying you couldn't REMOVE a body from the frame, but just try and put one back ON!!!

The hot rod Lincoln started out as a bare chasiss and had a Model A coupe body added to it after the frame and driveshaft were shortened the appropriate amount and the hood lengthened to accomodate the V 12.How's the supply of Model A's in your area?

Bill

Good memory Bill, I have a lot of stuff about that car, but I had completely forgotten it. The guy I got the chassis from is going the other way, putting the customised '47 sedan body on to a 1994 Lincoln chassis, might get a chuckle out of his business name, he has a web site too, interesting guy, the name is "Sheet Metal Happens". The engine is free, I have the plugs out, but there is a problem with the battery/starter, all I get out of it is a series of clicks and whirs, no turning of the engine so I can check the compression, but in the meantime I am getting a lot of cleanup done on it, it has slightly rusty, but intact and has no rusted through the front floor panels, and my good buddys research reveals a fact I was not aware of, this late '47's OD transmission has a 26 tooth cluster gear, not the 25 tooth that I had thought all postwars had, live and learn for sure, still looking for a body, then I will have all the residue to dispose of, get in line for what you need, the seats for a 4 door sedan need recovering, but the innards are in very good shape, has the rear foot rests (hassocks??)and decent rear arm rests too.