Silver cad, zinc phosphate, clear zinc??

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

I'm looking for a spray coating for restoring such things as pulleys, generator fans, relay bases, etc. I see Eastwood has two/three products. one is a clear zinc, another a zinc phosphate and another called silver cad. Anybody had experience using these. I'm looking for the most correct plus the most durable and longest lasting. thanks

I send most of my stuff out to a CAD plater instead of painting it. It looks correct if you pick the correct shine plus you can put a wrench on it without worrying about the paint. Its really not that expensive.

There was a long thread on this topic a while back, you may want to do a search. Have a good weekend, am heading south.

Guest 70 Electra

I concur with Ron. The "most correct, most durable" finish is REAL plating, and not the paints that try to imitate plating.

Most places have a minimum batch charge, so plan your work and take your items in batches. This way it's not too expensive. If you walk in with one or two parts, you'll pay the same as a batch! When I have just a single item or two, I try to buddy-up with other local car guys to get enough for a batch.