a bittersweet goodbye

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

posting a few pics of the 69 Electra after cleaning her up for her trip(she is an original car ), she is moving to a new home on Friday - She will now be living in Kansas City - this is one I am hating to see go : (

but a 72 Centurion Convertible will be my new ride home : )

Keith, the '69 225 convertibles are strikingly beautiful cars that were, in my estimation, the most impressive American luxury cars of their day. I can understand why your car's departure is bittersweet.

You know, I have friends in the collector car hobby who are always buying and selling. You can count on seeing them in a different vintage car every year or so. I'm not that way; I'm one of those guys who grows really attached to my old Buicks. Even if they're not regarded as highly collectible years or models, my cars are special to me and it's tough to think about selling. Again, Keith, I'm with you on the "bittersweet" side of things.

On a positive note, however, your new Centurion will be great fun -- and I like having the opportunity to welcome you to the exclusive club of Centurion owners.

I can't believe you sold that car! I so want to paint mine and get it fixed up. And yet there goes another beauty.

Hope you enjoy the 72, but I'm sure you'll miss that 69.

JohnD