ever see a Mustang Ranchero?

Amphicar BUYER

Here is a pic I just found of a car we saved from a flood and then made into a Mustang/Ranchero in 1983. We moved the roofline forward enough to eliminate the rear 1/4 windows and then created a bed behind the seat from the truck and part of rear seat area. The interior was done in actual blue Jean material. I have since wondered where it might be at now?

Not sure if it was the same one, but a Muschero was listed on eBay back maybe a year ago same vintage and color as your picture. I was tempted because I was looking for a 66 Ranchero at the time and always liked the 65-66 Mustang. I figured it would be a great match.

I resisted and bought a 66 Ranchero instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if it was the same one, but a Muschero was listed on eBay back maybe a year ago same vintage and color as your picture. I was tempted because I was looking for a 66 Ranchero at the time and always liked the 65-66 Mustang. I figured it would be a great match. I resisted and bought a 66 Ranchero instead. </div></div>

That would have bee great if it were the same car after 22 years. We put a lot of work into it. It was a quality job, no hack job at all.

John Bevins

Your Mustang looks very professional looking. I'm impressed. I remember a first-series Mustang made into a station wagon back when they were new. Car & Driver (?), with David Davis as editor, did a cover story on it. Then, back in the mid 1990s, a bloke recreated the car and I featured it in Car Collector.