Power antenna

Guest snowdrift

Guest snowdrift

The motor on my power antenna would not stop running, so I unplugged it and put on another, same problem. Both antenna's are oem. This is on 90 Coupe. Thanks

You probably have a broken plastic lead. The plastic (about like Weed-Eater line) wraps around a drum on the bottom end and is attached to the top part of the antenna mast. When working properly, the motor turns the drum which pushes the line up...until it is fully extended, at that time the torque causes the motor shaft to shift, making contacts that turn off the motor.

The same thing happens on the down cycle. So anytime the plastic lead breaks, the motor torque stays the same so the motor continues to run.

You can rebuild the antenna by buying GM part #22039349 for about $20, go to www.reatta.net and read the antenna rebuild instructions.

Or send it to me and I will rebuild it for $50.00 including the above part and return shipping......which means I charge about $20 to do the work.

Guest snowdrift

Thanks very much for the information Barney!! I may be in touch later. For right now I will run it fully extended. Priorities, I am afraid.