My 1925 Buick

25Buick25

Hi all. I just bought a 1925 Buick touring model 25 (hence the name...catchy, isn't it). The car still has its original paint..what's left of it anyway... and a lot of other stuff so I guess you could say it was restored "as needed". It is dark green with black leather interior, black top and a red pinstripe with black fenders. The wheels are beautiful wooden spoke and the steering wheel looks like it is made out of the same wood. If nothing else someone sure took care of the wood on this car! The previous owner had a new top and sidecurtains made and new leather in the front seat but I think the back seat is original beacause of how hard and brittle it is. I'm going to try to bring it back to life, but it feels like hard cardboard so we'll see how that goes!

The last owner just rebuilt the engine recently, but when I bought it from him he said it didn't run because of the vacum tank. I did notice that there is a electric fuel pump under the car but it isn't hooked up to anything so maybe that's the problem? When I pour gas into the tank, it fires right up and runs pretty well, but I have not been able to drive it very far because it runs out of gas after about 200 yards! I have a shop manual that came with the car so I'll start working on it soon. I think it also needs new tires because the previous owner said they were already on the car when he bought it in 1982! Wow! Those tall whitewalls sure look great on the car with the wood spokes, though.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved here and with the car at my local club. I have a buddy with a 1923 or 1922 Durant that looks alot like my Buick so he's going to show me the ropes!

Jeff, thanks for the great description of your spectacular Buick. Any photos you can post here? Have you been able to trace its history prior to 1982, when the last owner purchased it?

We're all ears, and look forward to hearing much more from you. Keep us posted on your progress with the car.

Guest imported_Thriller

Sounds like a great find. Good luck with getting everything up to snuff. I'm looking forward to hearing how things go and seeing this neat Buick.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jeff

Welcome to the "club" My cousin and I are working on a 2525A.

Would love to swap some stories and share some info.

I did try to send you an email to your Yahoo address and haven't received a response so I thought I'd try to post here as well in case email wasn't working.

If you haven't found it already , check out the 1927Buicks Yahoo group Lot's of good stuff that also applies to "our" car:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1927buicks/

I found info on vacuum tanks once but can't remember where. I did save a pdf file on repairing them which I can send if you want

Brad

• 10 years later...