First Junior, What's it mean

Bhigdog

I have a real dumb question. I've been a member for awhile now and have restored a car that's made it to Grand National Senior status, But I'm still kind of hazy on the scoring system. I showed my 57 buick at Hershey last Fall and was awarded First Junior. What exactly does that mean scoring wise? Was it the higest scoring car in class, or only in relation to other Junior cars, Or are Seniors in the mix, etc etc. Also I heard that the order in which Senior or GN cars are announced or listed reflects their point total, i.e. highest point cars listed/called first. True or false? Sorry for the ignorance guys......Bob.

Bob, the First Junior status means that your vehicle scored a minimum of 365 at an AACA National Meet. It also means that if your class had multiple entries that you were within 10 points of the highest scoring car in your class (or the highest scoring). At the time of this award you are only competing against other Junior entries. In order for you to receive a Senior Award you must first win a First Junior. All of this information can be found in the official judging manual that is available on this website for free. The order in which your name is called at the banquet or listed in the book has NOTHING to do with point totals. Hope I answered your question.

Thanks Steve, I just found the online rule book. It is my understanding then, if the points leading Junior car happens to be a 400 pointer, the next cars in line must score at least 390 to be awarded a Junior also. Is that correct? Thank You, Bob.

Guest boettger

You've almost got it! Let's try again!

If a vehicle competing for a First Junior scores 400 points, then any other vehicle in the same class, competing for a First Junior that scores 390 point or more will also win a first Junior in that class.

If the top scoring car in class is 390 point then all other in class between 380 and 390 will also win a frst junior.